Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"H" is for Homage

Which is what I would like to pay to Claire over to Sakura Family. Go on over and read Claire's post on raising biracial kids in Japan--this is the kind of writing that I live to read. It rocks. Because Claire writes what I feel, she expresses what I think and she feels it and says it so much better than I ever could.

Not to mention she is one of the coolest people I have had the great fortune to call friend during my lifetime. Just all around--go and read Claire's post (entitled, "Cool Water on a Hot Day"). You won't regret it.

Oh and a bonus for "H":

"H" is also for Hooray! Tomorrow I am taking my girls and we are getting on a train and going to the coast. And the most exciting thing about it is that we are going to meet up with another foreign wife (American) and her three kids and we are going to HAVE FUN.

So "I" is gonna have to idle for a while.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Wow, Laura, thank you! I don't think anyone has ever said anything that nice about me before :-)

But you're the real writer of the two of us. I always come to your blog with huge anticipation - and am never let down. You're so funny, and always spot on.

Have a great trip to the coast! And thanks for everything about your friendship, real and virtual. Everything you said applies right back to you, with bells on!